Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. Without a doubt, its my favorite meal of the day, so I always make sure when I am in Cleveland, that I hit these 5 spots on a daily basis to have a great start to my day. Cleveland has made huge strides in becoming a major foodie destination. While I admit some bias, since afterall it's my hometown, the CLE has some of the best breakfast joints around. Everytime I come back to the CLE, I have my must hit breakfast staples to get me ready for an adventurous day.
The Place To Be - Lakewood
- Its all about the chefs omelette with gyro. These guys know how to make a killer omelette the size of your head. I have been eating there for over 25 years, and they are so incredibly consistant with how they prepare & serve this delicious breakfast treat. Include a huge order of sliced breakfast potatoes cooked well done and some rye toast, and I am one happy Outlaw. Best part, its under $10 (just bring cash, because they do not accept cards)
1391 Warren Rd, Lakewood, OH
No Web Address - Cash Only
Lucky's Cafe - Tremont
- I learned about this cozy Tremont spot about 5 years ago, when Guy Fieri had the Triple D folks feature this neighborhood favorite. One must have dish is the sausage gravy & biscuits. Lucky's knows how to make some insanely rich & savory sausage gravy, with flaky & buttery cheese biscuits, topped with a couple of over easy eggs. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. They are also known for some incredible baked goods, and some phenomenal coffees. The coffee shop opens at 7am, but they do not serve breakfast until 9am.
- This tavern opens for brunch on Sundays, and they take breakfast to a new level. I thank my boy Regi every time I go back for introducing me to XYZ a few years back. Some of my favorites are the homestyle corned beef hash & eggs, sausage gravy & biscuits, chicken & waffles, just to name a few. Top this off with some fresh squeezed OJ and I leave full & happy.
- The Diner is a slice of Americana. A classic old school diner, that features traditional diner dishes with a modern twist. My favorite is the breakfast burrito w/ chorizo, eggs, & chedder in a spinach tortilla. Simple but delicious. Add a side of corned beef hash, and you have a breakfast that will keep you full for hours. I have been known to come back for lunch or dinner to get their awesome twist on meatloaf.
Westside Market Cafe - W.25th inside the Westside Market
- Corned beef hash, corned beef hash, corned beef hash, need I say more. If you like big chunks of juicy corned beef with perfectly cooked potatoes. Top it with 2 over easy eggs, and let the yolk run wild.